question

Christie Hodge avatar image
Christie Hodge asked jenn-community-moderator answered

How to get all incoming calls to general business voicemail

Hello,

I would like all incoming business calls to simply hear our greeting and leave a message. As simple as it is, I cannot find straight answers on how to do this!

voicemail
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image Anirban commented ·

If I understood properly then, you don't want to take any call and want the incoming call direct to the voice and caller record the voicemail for you. Is that right?

I think 2 ways of doing it. The first way is Putting DND (Do not Disturb) status on extension from application like Desktop phone app and second way is login to you online portal and enable do not accept any call from top of the portal:

1608581317852.png

The user will hear the greetings and will leave voice message for you

0 Likes 0 ·
1608581268674.png (7.9 KiB)
1608581317852.png (7.9 KiB)
Christie Hodge avatar image Christie Hodge commented ·

Hello!

Basically, I am utilizing RC as a professional platform for my small business. I would like everyone who calls my business to get our company greeting/message and simply leave a message. I would then like to be alerted once a new message arrives so we can handle caller needs from there. We had all calls forwarding directly to one of our three users, but we are now getting tons of solicitation calls and want to avoid this by utilizing voicemail only at this time.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered

Hello @Christie Hodge, you can use the functionality of "New Message-Only Extension" click HERE for more information.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app