question

Ian Bonham avatar image
Ian Bonham asked Dzung Do commented

Asterisk link

Good Morning Everyone, and a Happy Christmas!

As I am home over the Xmas period unable to see my family (Thanks CoVID and 2020) I'm using the time to solve a few issues. I hope someone can help out?

On my RC system I can dial an extension and connect to a public address tannoy in my shop. This is great for calling people we need to find, who have turned ringtone down to 0. However we also use the tannoy to make announcements to the public, and at the moment I have to get a member of staff to do this manually every 15 minutes. (basically we are reminding customers to social distance and respect staff etc)

I use an Asterisk server at home to deal with my incoming lines, and I would like to connect my Asterisk server to my RC account, so then I could program up a script to automate it dialling the tannoy extensions and playing a wav, so I'm not taking people away from their jobs all the time.

I have pjsip on my Asterisk 18.0.1 server and I'm having massive problems getting Asterisk to connect to RC. My home desk phone works, but Asterisk keeps getting a 403.

Could anyone please send me a working example of pjsip.conf in Asterisk connecting to RC please? Mask out your ID's, but please, show me how you did it, and help me support my team in the shop by automating announcements. I cannot tell you how that would help my team, and support them during this shit time. I want to do my best for them, and I need your help. Please.

Thanks to anyone that can help,

Ian B

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Dzung Do commented
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Dzung Do avatar image Dzung Do commented ·

that's not what we need, we need the SIP information to register the SIP trunking

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys