question

jason-veirs8964 avatar image
jason-veirs8964 asked Wendy Busse-Coleman answered

When are contacts going to sync with the desktop app?!!

You guys promised that this would occur back in Q2 or Q3 of 2020 and have since provided no update here?

You also deleted all of the old threads about this before the recent forum refresh...

WHEN are you guys going to fix this problem?!

ringcentral appcontacts
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Wendy Busse-Coleman avatar image
Wendy Busse-Coleman answered jason-veirs8964 commented

Good morning Jason,

Contacts do sync with the new Desktop App. If you open the app, go to SETTINGS, scroll down to CONTACTS AND CALENDAR, when that page opens, you will see two options, MICROSOFT or GOOGLE. You need to press the CONNECT BUTTON based on which program you are using. (We use Google, and after following the prompts my contacts have synced to the Desktop App as well as all calendar events.)

I hope this answers your question and you are able to sync your Contacts/Calendar. If you use something other than the choices, (Google, Microsoft) you will need to contact Support to assist you.

Have a great Monday!

Wendy

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

You're such a super amazing help, @Wendy Busse-Coleman!
So glad you're coming around and dropping knowledge!

0 Likes 0 ·
jason-veirs8964 avatar image jason-veirs8964 commented ·

@Wendy Busse-Coleman - Thank you! I just realized that I was using the older RingCentral Classic app which is not being deprecated.

With that being said, there's no "ring out" feature on the new RingCentral app for those of us that still use a desktop phone, but the contacts now sync (they didn't sync with the RC Classic app) so that's great news!

Because of the no ring out feature, I'll stick with the old RC Phone desktop app.

0 Likes 0 ·
Wendy Busse-Coleman avatar image
Wendy Busse-Coleman answered

Hi Jason,

If you use the RingCentral Phone Phone (softphone) you do have the ability to use RingOut.

The RingOut feature is enabled by default and does not need to be disabled to use Direct Dial. This means that the RingCentral Phone for Desktop (softphone) with an assigned DigitalLine has the option to initiate calls through Direct Dial or RingOut.
To learn how to configure your RingCentral Phone for Desktop's RingOut settings, go to RingCentral Phone Desktop - Configure RingOut Settings.

To learn how to use the RingOut feature on your RingCentral Phone for Desktop, go to RingCentral Phone Desktop - RingOut | Placing an Outgoing Call.

For more information on how to place a Direct Call using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, go to RingCentral Phone Desktop - Set up Softphone Outbound Call.

The RingCentral Phone for Desktop is very useful and works well with RingOut. I know sometimes we want all apps to be able to do all things, but in order to do that apps need to be reimagined and developed. That is what is happening with the new version of the RingCentral Desktop app. However, you do have the RingCentral Phone for Desktop. My office utilizes, a hard desk phone, laptops are loaded with RC Phone App and the new RC Desktop App. Give the phone app a try. RC Classic is just that a "classic app that is being phased out.

Please let me know @jason-veirs8964 how it works for you,.

Wendy :)

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app