question

andy-stadtlander avatar image
andy-stadtlander asked Brendan Richman commented

Please give us the option to disable the E911 Alert each time we login to RC App!

According to Eduardo in RC Support, "Unfortunately, we don't have any options to turn that off from the RC App".

Here's my feature request: only prompt me if I don't have a physical location in my settings, otherwise don't prompt, annoying.

1-8-2021-11-08-47-am.png

ringcentral app
7 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Hey, @andy-stadtlander - Here's an idea in the Ideas Portal on this very thing!
Please add your vote and any additional details at the link below:
https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/CUSTCOM-I-287

0 Likes 0 ·
andy-stadtlander avatar image andy-stadtlander Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you, I'll do that!

Another annoying thing about RC, why is there a separate URL/page for these "ideas", I have to sign-up over there too, why is this different than the "community" forum, just make it 1 parent forum with different sub-forums? Sorry, rant over, RC seems like a reactive company rather than leading.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ andy-stadtlander commented ·

Andy, we are working on it! But I feel your pain!
The plan with moving our ideas portal to the current platform is it is directly connected to the way that our Product team organizes and prioritizes the roadmap.
The closer proximity to their process helps us to better align.
Best of intentions!

Your feedback is important and we'll keep working hard to make your experience better!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Joe Cache avatar image Joe Cache commented ·

I've seen multiple 'ideas' on this posted Becky - why is it not in the hands and minds of the programmers? :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Joe Cache commented ·

@Joe Cache As you may know, the roadmap is set by our product teams and wiggle room for other features, even if they seem inconsequential, have to be weighed by those teams respectively.
The more votes and use case info we have, the more of a case we can make for features that matter to you.
I know you've been active in the portal and it's appreciated! Keep adding your feedback and stay in touch!

0 Likes 0 ·
Brendan Richman avatar image Brendan Richman commented ·

Definitely up for this, so annoying!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Wendy Busse-Coleman avatar image
Wendy Busse-Coleman answered Joe Cache commented

Good morning,

With all due respect, I have to disagree with removing the 911 reminder. Not all Users are as knowledgeable as those of us who work with RC daily. With that said, it is an important reminder when dialing 911 through RC the location of the emergency is not mapped like it is when using a landline or mobile phone.

I would suggest having the OPTION to disable by the User, not remove it altogether. If this is annoying, there is a reason to be mindful just in case you do have an emergency.

Also, keep in mind, when setting up a User, the User cannot make outbound calls until the address is populated where the phone, etc. is being used. That works well when installing/setting up a hard phone because that phone is stationary, however, using the desktop app, is different because it goes with the computer/laptop. I have often thought, should we be changing the address each time when a User goes from their work location to their home, etc.

I strongly suggest having an OPTION to disable by the User, and not across the board.

Wendy

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Joe Cache avatar image Joe Cache commented ·

To add to that - as they have the slider/check boxes for enabling a function for a lot of other options, would it be correct in saying that the ability should be allowed by the Admin. So, from the company side, the ability to turn on/off the e911 nagging box by users - could be determined by the Admin, and then by the user.

This would make it so that if Admin doesn't want the user to have the ability to toggle the nagging box, it wouldn't even show as an option to the user in their settings.

1 Like 1 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app