question

AdminDev User1 avatar image
AdminDev User1 asked Rich Hanbidge answered

Audio delivery to an address that is not the SIP server

We have a SIP server registered with RC using a supervisor's number, which will auto answer incoming SIP calls.

We then perform a supervisor monitor request on a call and our SIP server receives and answers the SIP call.

We want the audio packets for the call to be sent to the IP address and port specified in the SDP of the 200 OK, which may not be the same address as the SIP server.

This only seems to work if the IP address matches the address provided in the 'Contact' header of the original REGISTER.

Is there a way we can have the audio delivered based purely on the SDP ?

sip
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Rich Hanbidge avatar image
Rich Hanbidge answered

Here's a presentation we did at the last RC developer conference that might be helpful:
https://ev.ringcentral.com/developerconferenceonline2020/800220?i=8SGkzh-z9EQcx_ZXyTLvL1GQ_pTY-7DT
In terms of implementing what you are asking for, I'm a bit out of my depth on what is accepted within the SIP protocol regarding the response. However, I would expect that if you want to change where the audio is sent you would want to provide a "302 Moved Temporarily" (redirect) response. I don't know if RC will honor the redirect or not, but that might be worth trying to see what happens.

Good luck!

Rich

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys