question

Carl Miller avatar image
Carl Miller asked Carl Miller commented

Why not move from sandbox to production

I send a request last week but still says in review.

It takes 6 days till today.

How long does it take?

developer sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

What is your app client id?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Carl Miller avatar image
Carl Miller answered Phong Vu commented

Thanks for the reply.

This is sandbox Client Id. 106wwsQ2Qvi4XvlJZj5xkQ

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Apologies for the delay. Seems the team has been busy. I moved it to production since your app is a private app and using password flow.

1 Like 1 ·
Carl Miller avatar image

Hi. Phong Vu

Thanks for your help.

I have another issue

1611368357954.png

I can't login to the production environment.

When I try login to the online account portal, It is directed me to the other app(I already use in)

In that app, My EXT number is 102.

How to login to the new created app?

1611368357954.png (27.7 KiB)
1 comment
1 |3000

You have to login with a user in your production account. Same user's credentials you use to login service.ringcentral.com

1 Like 1 ·
Carl Miller avatar image

The production account is just the main company number.

If then I create a new app, the production account is the same.

How do I log in to a different app with a production account(the same main company number)?

1 comment
1 |3000

I don't really know what you are asking now.

Your app has been graduated to the production. Your app is private and a password flow app. Now you can replace the app client id and app client secret and use the production server and the user who logs in must be a user under your production account like this:

RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTID = '<ENTER CLIENT ID>'
RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTSECRET = '<ENTER CLIENT SECRET>'
RINGCENTRAL_SERVER = 'https://platform.ringcentral.com'

RINGCENTRAL_USERNAME = '1850231XXXX' // Your main company number
RINGCENTRAL_PASSWORD = '<YOUR PASSWORD>' // Your password
RINGCENTRAL_EXTENSION = '102' // You extension number

var rcsdk = new RC( {server: RINGCENTRAL_SERVER, clientId: RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTID, clientSecret: RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTSECRET} );
var platform = rcsdk.platform();
platform.login( {username: RINGCENTRAL_USERNAME, password: RINGCENTRAL_PASSWORD, extension: RINGCENTRAL_EXTENSION} )

1 Like 1 ·
Carl Miller avatar image
Carl Miller answered Carl Miller commented

Thanks.

1. RingCentral Extentuin nuber.

As you can see The default Ext number is 101.

But I can't log in with 101, otherwise, I can log in with 102.

When the app is sandbox status, the EXT was 101.

2. send SMS failed error.

When I send an SMS text, It says

"Client error: `POST https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/sms` resulted in a `403 Forbidden` response:↵{↵ "errorCode" : "FeatureNotAvailable",↵ "message" : "Phone number doesn't belong to extension",↵ "errors" : [ {↵ (truncated...)↵"

3. How to add users in this app?

I thought, after logging in to the online portal, we can add users.

But when I log in to https://service.ringcentral.com/ with the main company number and password and EXT 102(login failed with 101), there are already added users we use in another app.

2 comments
1 |3000

Don't say that 101 is a default extension. In your production account, the extension 101 is Samantha A and she is the super admin user. Your extension is 102. So you can login the app as the 101 user ONLY if you are Samantha or you have her password.

Now, the main company number is incorporated with extension 101 (IVR settings) so only 101 can send SMS from the main company number. That is why when you login with 102 and try to use the main company number you'll receive that error "Phone number doesn't belong to extension"

For you, login as 102 extension, you have to use your own number (850 632-XXXX) to send SMS .

Please refer to the SMS Quick Start to learn how to detect your own number and how to detect if a number is SMS capable.

Your question #3: You don't need to add any user to the app. The app is private and any extension under your account can access.

1 Like 1 ·
Carl Miller avatar image Carl Miller Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Carl Miller
answered · 1 day ago

Thanks.

SMS is succeeded.

RingOut occurs errors.

I used my number instead of the main company number,

error says

" status: {callStatus: "Error", callerStatus: "GenericError", calleeStatus: "InProgress"} "

How can I call with my number?

IF I used company number when callee picked up it then rang company's line.

In other words when the recipient answers it then calls back into the user.

thanks, again

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys