News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
SMS API "Feature not available"
Tags: developer sandbox, rest api
Jan 22, 2021 at 11:38am   •   8 replies  •  0 likes
Sean Marsh

I created a new sandbox account for testing the SMS API. I then created a console app (per ringcentral instructions) and tested the API using the sand box credentials. Connecting to the API works fine but returns this error when trying to send a test SMS:

Content: {

"errorCode" : "FeatureNotAvailable",

"message" : "The requested feature is not available",

"errors" : [ {

"errorCode" : "MSG-242",

"message" : "The requested feature is not available"

} ]

}.

I have made sure I've added the correct features to the sandbox app (per the instructions) but it appears it is not setting the SMS feature to true.

This is a problem with the SANDBOX app, I haven't made it to production due to the fact I can't send an SMS in the sandbox app.

Thanks in advance.

8 Answers
answered on Sep 18, 2023 at 9:21am  

Hi Phong. We would like the SMS feature enabled in our (470) 419-4749 sandbox number for testing, please. We are receiving the same error mentioned above.

on Sep 18, 2023 at 10:11am   •  0 likes

The number is SMS enabled. It is the main company number and assigned to this extension (Tim Collman, Ext. 101). You have to either authenticate the app with the Ext 101 user extension to send SMS. Or reassign the number (via auto-receptionist general settings) to your extension (Ext. 102).

Or alternatively, add a direct number to the extension 102 and try sending from that number.

P.S Next time pls don't ride on other's question which already accepted as an answer like this one. I just cause unnecessary email notifications sent to others.

answered on Jan 30, 2023 at 5:26am  

Hi. Will you add SMS to (470) 799-2474 please? Testing SMS and receiving same error as above.

on Jan 30, 2023 at 1:20pm   •  0 likes

Enabled. Pls check it

on Jan 30, 2023 at 1:43pm   •  0 likes

Enabled. Pls check it

on Jan 30, 2023 at 6:29am   •  0 likes

Request for enabling SMS for this phone number is created. It would take a couple days for the team to process. Please stay tuned.

on Jan 30, 2023 at 1:36pm   •  0 likes

It was already working this morning. Thank you!

answered on Jan 22, 2021 at 12:12pm  

I am having the exact same issue. I am using the Sandbox phone number. I cannot connect to support either...keep getting an Error page. Also, I cannot seem to locate any information as it pertains to `Path Params->accountId` or `Path Params->extensionId` really frustrating.

answered on Jan 22, 2021 at 12:33pm  

Are the `accountId` and `extensionId` the same as the Username and Extension listed under `User Account Credentials`?

on Jan 22, 2021 at 2:46pm   •  0 likes

Normally the extensionId of the first user (the Super Admin created by default) is the same as accountId.

answered on Jan 22, 2021 at 12:14pm  

The `country` object returns errors as well.

answered on Jan 22, 2021 at 12:04pm  

This problem should not happen as we fixed the process to include SMS feature to a sandbox main company number. I am not sure why it still happens time to time. Give me your sandbox main company number so I can ask the team to enable it manually for you.

on Jan 22, 2021 at 12:13pm   •  0 likes

+14242543150

on Jan 22, 2021 at 4:23pm   •  0 likes

Enabled. You can use this sample code to double check.

https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/messaging/quick-start

on Dec 17, 2022 at 8:41am   •  0 likes

I'm having the same problem after setting up my sandbox. What is the best way to get this resolved?

on Dec 17, 2022 at 9:59am   •  0 likes

Please don't ride on an old thread, particularly it has been answered because of the following reasons:

1. It sends unnecessary notification to all developers in the thread

2. It's hard to find the new comment within an old thread

Always post a new question and if you want to refer to a related old thread in your question, copy the URL of the old thread and paste it in your question.

on Jan 22, 2021 at 12:33pm   •  0 likes

+14242543819

on Jan 22, 2021 at 4:23pm   •  1 likes

Enabled. You can use this sample code to double check.

https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/messaging/quick-start

on Jan 23, 2021 at 6:14am   •  0 likes

Phong, It is working as expected. Thank you for your quick action.

I must say I'm pleasantly surprised by your quick action and resolution. I had opened a ticket 2 days ago and after 18 hours finally received a response that said (paraphrasing): "Email tech support with this problem. Ticket Closed".

I did email tech support with the exact same information I provided in this question (including the userId) and they responded with: "Please provide a sample of the issue as well for further investigation of this case if possible. This email will be automatically closed after at the end of the second business day if we do not receive any response .

Application Name:

Client ID or App Key:

Organization:

Request API:

API Response:

API Body:

".

That response is very annoying when clearly you have demonstrated it could have been resolved immediately with the provided information.

Anyway, I appreciate you! Thank you!

answered on Jan 22, 2021 at 12:16pm  

answered on Jan 22, 2021 at 11:42am  

Are you connecting to the sandbox phonenumber (vs your live RC phonenumber)?

on Jan 22, 2021 at 12:54pm   •  0 likes

Yes, I'm using the sandbox credentials, not production or RC numbers. (userId, extension, key, secret)

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us