question

Brittany Cummins avatar image
Brittany Cummins asked tak-it1 answered

Can we add additional key presses on our IVR Menu?

We would love to have the option to have more than 0-9 key presses then just the typical 10 buttons.

ivr
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Brittany, you may submit a feature request in our Ideas Portal. For guidelines, please read article for Submitting and Voting for Product Ideas

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

tak-it1 avatar image
tak-it1 answered

I mean, I think there might be cleaner ways to do it. If you're using more than 10 options you might be getting a bit complex. You can always announce the key press and set a queue/ivr/extension as that key press.

So, say you want there to be "key press 10" and you want it to route to "sales queue" - create the queue, assign it as 10, and announce that in your menu. The client/inbound caller won't know any different. The only complexity will be for you to manage it, but even then it's not that bad. Realistically, I'd suggest using sub-menus to split up your options and handle inbound calls a bit cleaner.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app