Solved

Silence Incoming Calls vs. Do Not Disturb (Mobile App)

• 27 January 2021
  • 3 replies

I manage our internal knowledgebase for the office, and need to update the RingCentral guides.

I see that there are two ways in the mobile app to stop any incoming calls from ringing on the cell phone.

You can turn on "Silence Incoming Calls" or select "Do Not Disturb".

What is the difference between the two? Are there advantages of one over the other? I know users will ask, and I haven't found an answer on the RingCentral support site. Turning on DND is the easier option, but I just wanted to get a solid answer on what the differences/advantages are (if any).

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Mary-Community_Moderator 27 January 2021, 18:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Christine,

Here's the difference;

Do Not Disturb - All incoming calls will be sent to voicemails immediately without ringing.

Silence Incoming Calls - Callers will hear music or ringtone depending on the set number of rings before going to the voicemail but the user will not be notified of an incoming call.

Thanks Mary.

I also discovered - the hard way - that turning on Do Not Disturb in the app, also affects the physical desk phone. This is the type of information that would be helpful to have in the knowledgebase.

One option affects just the app; whereas the other affects both the app and the desk phone.

Userlevel 2

Hi @christine123, thanks for the suggestion. I will forward this to our KB Team.