question

Helgi Sigurdsson avatar image
Helgi Sigurdsson asked Helgi Sigurdsson answered

Permission Issue

So I created 2 little applications to 1) read data from the logfiles and 2) to get a list of users.

The first one is working fine using the API

The second one returns

{
  "errorCode" : "InsufficientPermissions",
  "message" : "In order to call this API endpoint, application needs to have [ReadAccounts] permission",
  "errors" : [ {
    "errorCode" : "CMN-401",
    "message" : "In order to call this API endpoint, application needs to have [ReadAccounts] permission",
    "permissionName" : "ReadAccounts"
  } ],
  "permissionName" : "ReadAccounts"
}

I have tried all the possible permissions, including Read Accounts, with no luck. I even gave the app every permission available. Still the same.

Any ideas?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

What API call returned that error?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Helgi Sigurdsson answered

https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/directory/entries

and even if I gave the app every permission, I was getting the same response.

1 |3000

Helgi Sigurdsson answered

Ok there is clearly something up. Created app #3 with the same authorization and that works.

I think if you update the authorization after you create the app, that is not working at RingCentral

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys