question

Patti Woodward avatar image
Patti Woodward asked Patti Woodward answered

Call Waiting Beeping

We have call queues setup and when a call is waiting in a queue to speak with an employee, if that employee is logged into the queue but happens to be on a call, both parties on that call hear beeps. I assume this is the "Calling Waiting Beeps." Note: This is not the "Call is being recording beeps" because that option is turned off and these beeps only happen when a call is waiting in the queue.

Our employees do not use physical phones. They either use the desktop or mobile app.

Does anyone know how this can be turned off while still being able to utilize the queue? I had no luck with RC support. Spent over an 90 minutes chatting and setting up new extensions, removing call monitoring, removing and reinstalling the desktop and phone apps, etc. Just a whirlwind of let's try this to see if it works.

Certainly there must be a way to have calls wait in a queue without the beeping. Please let there be; otherwise, what good are the queues. Our customers and our employees are getting pissed off at the beeps and today is our first full day being live with RC.

Come on. There's got to be way.

Thanks

call queues
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

Hi @Patti Woodward, there is no option to disable this. Submit a feature request in our Ideas Portal here.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Patti Woodward avatar image
Patti Woodward answered

I did submit a feature request for this

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app