question

Ernso Cléus avatar image
Ernso Cléus asked Phong Vu answered

How to make a call using .net c# SDK

I'm trying to make an application to do call in .net c# windows form.

I used your ringout test code. I try to call my personnal cell number, I always get this message:

"InProgress"

in the daskboard of the sandbox, i don't see any stat about the call.

Do you get a sample code that work. Can I call a real cellular number to test my application with the sanbox number?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Here is the sample code in C# using the RingCentral .Net SDK.

Additionally, how do you login your RingCentral phone app? If you have not done so, follow the instructions here to set it up.

Here is the correct link to download the RingCentral Phone app for your desktop.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Ernso Cléus avatar image
Ernso Cléus answered

HI! The sample code you sent is exactly what i'm using already.

For the From i used the phone number provided in the sandbox

For the To I used my personal cell number ==> Can I use my cell or office phone to do test calls?

parameters.from = new MakeRingOutCallerInfoRequestFrom { phoneNumber = "sandbox phone" }; parameters.to = new MakeRingOutCallerInfoRequestTo { phoneNumber = "my cell" };

I don't want to use RingCentral application, i want to do my own application.

I want to place calls, leave a message if it's the voice machine and forward the call if someone answer.

Your answer didn't really help.

1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Have you setup your sandbox? You should setup with at least a number and softphone and check to make sure you can call and receive calls rather than blindly test a ring out call like that.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys