News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Auto answer when connected by Bluetooth
Tags: bluetooth
Feb 11, 2021 at 3:49pm   •   6 replies  •  0 likes
Timothy Irons

This has been asked about in a few questions, but no useful answer has been posted.

When connected to my car via Bluetooth, my phone automatically answers calls. How do I stop this happening?

The one instance of this being asked blamed the phone/headset, but as it is happening on various phones and Bluetooth devices it would seem to be a feature of the app.

on Aug 17, 2021 at 11:00am   •  0 likes

exact same problem here. i opened a case, to which they responded that it's a known bug, they are working on it and will inform me when it's fixed - and in the meantime i won't get any status updates. Completely unacceptable given this issue has been reported here for months. I cannot have calls auto-answer with customers popping in without warning while I drive without choosing to answer. It's costing me business and sadly I'm going to have to go through the hassle of switching to another phone service

on Aug 17, 2021 at 11:06am   •  0 likes

Come on RC - this is going to cost you! Calls being answered by my 6 year old while I'm driving. The other day my kids were screaming about a bunch of bird crap on the windows and yelling all kinds of stuff, and you don't even know anything has auto answered (because it happens so fast without a ring tone) unless you look at the display screen to see the call running or the customers goes "Hello????, What is this?"

on Jun 30, 2021 at 8:35am   •  0 likes

I'm frustrated because I've had this issue since last year with my UConnect/Samsung combo for my personal vehicle. My work vehicle has a replacement stereo (which was working fine until the other issue started with my personal vehicle) and I can't make calls out. I can receive them, but if I dial out, it hangs up so I have to use speakerphone.
Hope it is resolved soon.

on Jun 28, 2021 at 8:55am   •  0 likes

I am being told by support right now this isn't an issue. Clearly it is. Any reasonable solution yet?

on Jun 4, 2021 at 10:14am   •  0 likes

Same here. auto answers every time pn Uconnect BT on all vehicles. ( we have e 4 vans in our fleet) Samsung phones. Help!!!! very annoying and only solution is to turn off BT

Same issue. Unconnected BT in Dodge and Chrysler. Auto answers all incoming calls which is horrible when someone thinks they're calling an office 800 and a guy in moving car answers. 2 different Samsung phones and vans

on May 4, 2021 at 6:50pm   •  1 likes

I have been having the same issue. After numerous discussions with tech support they told me it is a known issue with no anticipated time frame for fixing the problem.

on Feb 16, 2022 at 12:51am   •  0 likes

Hi Gavin,

Please up vote the community idea CUSTCOM-I-4862 as support have decided this is a feature request.

Cheers

Tim

on May 5, 2021 at 7:41am   •  1 likes

Hi @Gavin Davis, we apologize for also having this issue. We are closely monitoring this bug, and we'll give you updates when it's resolved. Thank you!

on Feb 11, 2022 at 5:23am   •  0 likes

Has there been any progress on this? It is still happening and incredibly distracting for drivers having to deal with an unwanted phone call.

on Feb 11, 2022 at 7:42am   •  0 likes

Hi! Upon checking, the bug was resolved. Please open a ticket so that the Tech Support Team can troubleshoot. Create a case here.

on Feb 11, 2022 at 8:23am   •  1 likes

It is definitely not fixed.

on Feb 11, 2022 at 8:15am   •  0 likes

No - it was not resolved. still happening, including this morning. I have opened four cases over the last year. Ring sends a note saying "it's a known issue, we are working on it", then after 2 months they close the case without resolving it. I call the support line - they say "it's escalated to level-two support" - I ask to speak to the person in level 2 assigned to fix it - they say I can't speak to that person. I'm told someone will call me within 48 hours. Nobody does. a few weeks later, they close my case without resolving the problem. four cases submitted over the last 9 months. same store with all of them. Ring has absolutely horrible support

on Feb 16, 2022 at 12:52am   •  0 likes

Hi James,

Please up vote the community idea CUSTCOM-I-4862 as support have decided this is a feature request.

Cheers

Tim

on Feb 16, 2022 at 5:33am   •  0 likes

not sure what "up vote the community idea CUSTCOM-I-4862" means...

it's pretty clear that unresolved support cases hit someone's performance metrics at RING once they age beyond a certain number of weeks. Rather than working diligently to get those bugs fixed, they select a random reason to close the case as quickly as possible, forcing the frustrated user to have to submit another new case. Of the four cases I have submitted over this issue, two were closed and marked "resolved" when they were not. another was closed and flagged as a "feature request". as if NOT automatically answering when I don't want to take a call is a "feature" that users would like ring to develop. The fourth request is still open, and I am quite certain they will randomly close it once it becomes three months old without resolution. One of the times I spoke to a live representative, I told him that I have the impression that fixing my problem is not a priority for RING. he responded "yes, you are correct about that sir". at least he was honest.

on Jun 13, 2022 at 7:14am   •  0 likes

I finally got to speak to someone technical after filling in a feedback survey honestly. He did a least understand the issue but as it is on the system as feature request he can't progress it.

They have fixed our iPhone issue, so maybe there is hope.

on Feb 16, 2022 at 5:47am   •  0 likes

There is a section for community ideas, which is where support issues that they can't be bothered to fix like this go to die. I figured at least if we upvote it, it won't be on the bottom of the list.

I agree about the support requests. The first line seems to be a random irrelevant reply followed eventually by "that's a feature request" as if doing something no user would ever want to happen is good default behaviour.

It is a shame there isn't a better alternative, but Teams calling was both expensive and unreliable and 8x8 couldn't manage a trial. None of our iPhones ring for queue calls for some reason but I guess that is another feature.

on Feb 11, 2022 at 8:35am   •  0 likes

@James Stapleton I will look more information about this issue.

on Feb 16, 2022 at 12:43am   •  0 likes

The support request has been turned into a feature request. Lets see if they finally stop trying to kill their customers.

on Feb 14, 2022 at 3:50am   •  0 likes

I got another reply, and it appears to have been from a human! It might be worth informing them that very few people link their desktop PC to their car's Bluetooth when travelling. Maybe point out that modern monitors don't really fit on the passenger seat even if you can get the PC in the footwell.

on Feb 14, 2022 at 1:06am   •  0 likes

I raised another case with support and got an automated response on a completely unrelated issue from a defective AI pretending to be a human. Case Number: 14591388

on Jun 14, 2021 at 12:53pm   •  0 likes

@Mary-Community_Moderator Is there something tracking this that we can be added to? I have users experiencing this as well and it's not safe to have a user suddenly having someone distract them while they're driving.

on Feb 16, 2022 at 12:51am   •  0 likes

Hi Lenard,

Cheers

Tim

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us