question

matt-spinks2179 avatar image
matt-spinks2179 asked matt-spinks2179 commented

How can I get a list of groups and group details via the RC API?

Is there an API call that will allow my app to get any of the following:

a list of groups,

the manager for a particular group

the members for a particular group

I have seen this post about using the "Department" flag on the extension list API to retrieve a list of groups: https://forums.developers.ringcentral.com/questions/456/get-list-of-groups-with-rc-api.html . But it doesn't seem to be working as I thought it would. I have a group with three members in my account, and when I use the extension list API with the Department flag, I get no results back. I also noticed that the post is several years old. Perhaps this is no longer valid? Is this the correct way to get group information? Or is there a different API endpoint I need to use to get group info?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered matt-spinks2179 commented

Hi Matt,

Apologies for the delayed response.

It depends on what kind of groups. Currently, there are APIs to get a list of call queue groups and get call queue group's members. There are also APIs to get a list of call monitoring groups and get call monitoring group's members.

Are these the groups you are looking for APIs to read?

4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

matt-spinks2179 avatar image matt-spinks2179 commented ·

Hi Phong, I'm not sure which one it is to be honest. It's these groups that are created in the admin portal:

Is it possible to get the members and manager for this group?

0 Likes 0 ·
group1.jpg (41.7 KiB)
untitled.jpg (50.5 KiB)
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ matt-spinks2179 commented ·

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately, I can't find any API to read user groups and group's members. Can you provide me with some use case so I can make a request for such APIs.

Thanks for your time and co-operation in advance!

0 Likes 0 ·
matt-spinks2179 avatar image matt-spinks2179 Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Phong, sorry for the delay. The use case is that I am providing scoped access to recorded calls to my customer. This customer has various groups of users. And each group has a manager that will be reviewing recorded calls just for that group. My product is able to provide scoped access to each manager (we have a process that analyzes each call and determines the appropriate extension and therefore the appropriate group to "assign" the call to. The part I am lacking is the ability to administer and manage those groups and managers.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys