question

Joel Estrellado avatar image
Joel Estrellado asked Joel Estrellado commented

How do I enable the conference group setting to an account?

Hello, I added a new account with a new number on my admin portal. I'm using the RingCentral embeddable widget dialer. In the browser console, I'm getting this error: Conference group is not set for current account - it's posting data to this endpoint https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/conferencing. I'm getting a 503 Service unavailable. My other 2 users don't have this issue except for the new account.

I can't seem to find how to enable this account with the conference group setting.

Anyone seen this before?

TIA

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

What is your app client id?

BTW, what you refer to is an extension, not an account. This this way: Account is your company and user extensions are your employees.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Joel Estrellado answered

my bad, it's the extension that doesn't have the correct setting. The app's client id is jsc6vNG-S5-hwyBN5r_djQ. thanks for the response!

1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Not sure why you got that error message. But here is the thing.

1. The endpoint supports only PUT method (not POST) so you can update the conferencing.

2. The endpoint request the "Edit Extensions" app permission and your app does not have that permission.

3. Your app is on production now so you cannot directly add the missing permission to that app. Do you want to clone the app, add the missing permission and test on your sandbox before graduate your app to the production? Or, do you want me to add the missing permission to that app?

1 |3000

Joel Estrellado answered Phong Vu commented

Interesting, when the app got approved - it didn't require that permission previously, plus this is RingCentral embeddable widget phone dialer app. However adding a new extension to use the app - somehow started having that error. I'm in production now and would not want to disrupt that that this week to get requalified for approval if I clone to another client Id. I would appreciate it if you can update the existing app in production to have that missing permission. Thanks! lmk - so that I can test it with the new extension. Thanks again!

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Added. Pls try and let me know if it works. I am not sure what you do with this within the RC embeddable. Do you call this API from your code in a different app or from the embeddable?

0 Likes 0 ·
Joel Estrellado answered Joel Estrellado commented

I've just tested with the extension and I'm still getting the same 503 exception - Conference group is not set for current account . On the widget I'm getting a new message in yellow notification - it says Your extension is not allowed to make outbound calls with browser currently, please contact your account representative for an upgrade. <-- this message is new. And then in green notification, Web phone registered. I don't see anything in the portal admin to enable something like that - unless it's something new. TIA

2 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

It looks like something relating to your account level/settings. In this case, please contact your RingCentral account manager to check. Or open a support ticket.

0 Likes 0 ·
Joel Estrellado avatar image Joel Estrellado Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks, I submitted a support ticket and referenced this post.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys