question

Asfand Sajjad avatar image
Asfand Sajjad asked Phong Vu commented

Sandbox Account For High Volume SMS

Does SandBox Account Supports testing for High Volume SMS ? Also can we assign High Volume SMS Permissions on SandBox Account.
As per link below
https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/messaging/sms/high-volume

Developer sandbox for High Volume SMS is not available.

How to test High Volume SMS functionality in SandBox before making it production ready ?

developer sandboxhigh-volume sms
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

As stated in the dev guide at the Limitations section, HV SMS is not currently supported on sandbox account.

If you have a production account, and have a High Volume SMS number under that account and want to test with the a2p/batch API, you can let us know your app client id and we can move it to to the production manually. If you don't have yet a HV SMS number, pls submit a request via this form and provide the app client id.

You can also use the RingCentral Labs High Volume SMS to send messages (provided that you already have a HV SMS number)

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Nate Demo avatar image
Nate Demo answered Phong Vu commented

@Phong Vu can you please move this client id q0FhTO8bRuKGN_m9AT52wQ to production so I can get bearer token for the application? I need to test this API in Production . Tia

4 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Done!

0 Likes 0 ·
Nate Demo avatar image Nate Demo Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Nate Demo avatar image Nate Demo Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

@Phong Vu Hello, my apologies for requesting again, the authorization flow I set-up for the 1st application is not compatible to Boomi, which is where I am calling the API. I changed the type to Desktop to also enable password authentication. Can you move this client id 03NxVv5bQtSYUo6HD7gGZw to Production?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Nate Demo commented ·

Don't need to do that. I changed the app type for your old app.

1 Like 1 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys