question

Glenn Spinner avatar image
Glenn Spinner asked mary-community-moderator commented

Can the desktop app have a red notification in the top right corner to denote a user has an unread message?

The only way I know if I have an unread message right now is by one setting that I'm not fond of, which is the bouncing icon in my dock and this is only if I'm on my computer. If I'm not at my computer and I log back in, the only way I know if I have any unread messages is if I go to the app itself.

With most apps, there is a designation or a red icon in the top right corner that lets me know if I have a message waiting. When I'm referring to a message, I'm talking about a message from a teammate in the Slack-like communication portal.

Can this be added as I don't like the continuously bouncing icon as it's a distraction. The subtlety of having a red mark letting me know a message is there is much preferred.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Glenn Spinner, are you referring to this?

screen-shot-2021-02-18-at-20527-am.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Glenn Spinner avatar image Glenn Spinner commented ·

@Mary-Community_Moderator, that is exactly what I'd love to see. I get those on my phone, just not on the desktop app.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Glenn Spinner commented ·

Is your desktop app updated to the latest version?

0 Likes 0 ·
Glenn Spinner avatar image Glenn Spinner mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Version: 21.1.15.362 Web, 21.1.20.3053 Mac

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered mary-community-moderator commented

Uninstall your app and download the updated one here.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Glenn Spinner avatar image Glenn Spinner commented ·

@Mary-Community_Moderator. Thank you for the assist. Got it working.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Glenn Spinner commented ·

Good to hear that! You're very much welcome.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app