question

Ace Monroe avatar image
Ace Monroe asked milehighwelch10741 commented

Extensions on Voicemail

I would like to be able to set up my voicemail (Not the Greeting) so that I can give them the option of choosing an extension. The example would be. "I am out of the office right now, if you want to talk to Bob choose extension 201, to Carol choose extension 203." -or- "Our office is now closed to leave a message press #, to get our hours press 201, our street address 202..."

voicemailextension
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

milehighwelch10741 avatar image milehighwelch10741 commented ·

@Ace Monroe, did you ever set this up? We are looking to do the same thing but still having the option to leave a message on that extension if the caller chooses to.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

Hi @Ace Monroe, you can setup a Message-Only extension and assign the user extensions on each. However, it will not provide the same extension number as the user. Please check on this KB Article https://support.ringcentral.com/article/4491.html

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Joe Cache avatar image
Joe Cache answered

Depending on the level of your account, one MacGyver'd way would be to not take a message on that extension, but rather send the caller to the 'Connect Directly to a Group' --> creating an IVR to do the prompts and route accordingly.

In the Users Messages, take the check out of the Enable for Take Messages, and in the pull-down, choose the 'Connect Directly...'

Of course you have to have the IVR created first before you can select it. :)

Possible answer/workaround.

Have fun.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app