question

Jonathan O'Neill avatar image
Jonathan O'Neill asked mary-community-moderator commented

Non-Super Admins Editing IVRs

We have a multi-site account with RC. We have RC admins at sites under our main account that has Phone System access to just their sites. But it seems only those with Super Admin roles can modify IVR's so each Phone System admin is not able to modify IVR's specific to their site. Is there any workaround to give IVR editing permissions to non-Super Admins?

ivr
5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hello @Jonathan, only Super Admins are given permission for changing settings in IVR.

0 Likes 0 ·
Aref Cheikhrouhou avatar image Aref Cheikhrouhou commented ·

When an IVR tree is assigned to a site, it is "assumed" that the site admin can handle his IVR instance. And that is the case with the classical interface. i.e. he can add or delete options.

But when the site admin, for the same IVR instance, try to go through the editor, he is not allowed.

A bit strange situation. One of our customers is puzzled by this behavior. He is handling roughly 100 stores, with an admin per store.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Aref Cheikhrouhou commented ·

@Aref Cheikhrouhou May I know which editor are you referring to?

0 Likes 0 ·
Aref Cheikhrouhou avatar image Aref Cheikhrouhou commented ·

To answer the question, I took a screenshot of the admin interface. Is that explicit enough?

1638373405987.png

Thanks for your interest to my feedback.

Kind regards

0 Likes 0 ·
1638373405987.png (7.1 KiB)
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Aref Cheikhrouhou commented ·

Thank you @Aref Cheikhrouhou, these settings can only be changed by the Super Admin on the account.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Cote_Business Systems avatar image
Cote_Business Systems answered Jonathan O'Neill commented

What types of IVR changes do you want your site admins to be able to perform? If they are simple changes, then you could have a custom API app built that would enable them to do this - depends on the types of changes you want them to do. For example, we enable our site admins to be able to change IVR open/closed hours, turning on/off custom IVR handling rules (for temporary schedule changes), updating one or several IVR prompts so that they can announce changes in business.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jonathan O'Neill avatar image Jonathan O'Neill commented ·

Hello. Sorry for not getting back sooner. Looks like we have what we need. When we signed with RC, we did so using the "Standard" license package but with the perks/options of a "Professional" license. We needed to request that RC enable the ability to allow us to manage this via Roles.

Interesting that this can be done via API, never have had to dig that deep.

I need to set up that role today and if it does not pan out, will follow up here on further questions.

Thanks for the feedback and, again, sorry for delayed response. :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app