question

Cancan Gunadi avatar image
Cancan Gunadi asked Cancan Gunadi commented

Using Webhook with sandbox account

Hi @Phong Vu,

I currently have a paid RIngCentral account (on Essential plan).

I also have a Free RingCentral Developer account to test creating integration with my software using RIngCentral API.

With this free developer account, I've been using a given sandbox phone number because I can't use my paid account with free developer account (is this right?).

Before I can commit to continue paying for RingCentral, I need to proof the concept of using RingCentral Webhook and see if my integration can receive SMS via the Webhook.

Can I try using the Free Developer account with either the given sandbox phone number, or my paid Essential real phone number to test Webhook integration?

If yes, what do I need to enable in these accounts?

Thank you so much for any quick input.

developer sandboxwebhooks
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Yes, you can use your sandbox account to test SMS and Webhook notification. You should login your sandbox service web to add more user and direct phone numbers. You can use the RingCentral Desktop phone (softphone) to test sending SMS messages too.

https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/notifications/webhooks/quick-start

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Cancan Gunadi answered Phong Vu commented

Hi @Phong Vu,

Thank you for the reply.

I tried adding another user/phone number in the sandbox test account but it says there's charges.

Is there really any charges/cost for it?

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

It's free. Just a template, no actual charge.

0 Likes 0 ·
Cancan Gunadi answered Cancan Gunadi commented

Hi @Phong Vu,

I went ahead and created a new user in the sandbox, got the new number.

Tried sending SMS to this new number but I can't see it being received even in the sandbox portal.

What could I miss?

Btw the new number I got was : (205) 718-8474

8 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

What is the sandbox main company number?

0 Likes 0 ·
Cancan Gunadi avatar image Cancan Gunadi Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

The sandbox main company number is +16806972588.

Either that one or this: +14244276276

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Cancan Gunadi commented ·

I see that you have no log on your sandbox. I made a call to 101 and after that I could see it on the call log . Can you login the RingCentral Desk phone and make call and send a text message from the app?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys