question

Jessica Fondaco avatar image
Jessica Fondaco asked anon-user Deactivated edited

What is the difference between all the apps?

What is the difference between all the different RingCentral desktop/mobile apps? So far i have RingCentral, RingCentral Phone, and RingCentral Meetings. Do we need all 3 in order to access all features of ring central or can one of the apps be used for all? I imagine the 3 apps are somewhat redundant. Can we get an explanation of the three?

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered

Hey @Jessica Fondaco,

The RingCentral app has both meetings and phone in it, along with messaging. It's the all in one app. You can definitely use it to replace having the meetings app. For the phone app, there are some functionalities still being developed for the unified app that the phone app already has. The major one of these is HUD.

If you don't use HUD, I would say you are good to remove the phone app as well, and just use the unified RingCentral app. You could leave the phone app on your desktop/mobile, and try only to use the unified app. If there is a feature you notice is missing, then you'll have the phone app to keep using, but you should be all set for the most part.

The reason that there are three separate apps, is that the RingCentral unified app is new-- at one point there were three apps: one for meetings, one for phone, and Glip for messaging. Over the last couple years, our product team has been working on combining into the one app known as the RingCentral app.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have other questions!

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app