question

Jim Tupitza avatar image
Jim Tupitza asked mary-community-moderator commented

Polycom IP 6000 reboots every 30 seconds.

I had this problem and could not find a clear answer. The Polycom IP 6000 conference phones are now available for under $50 refurbished rather than 10 time that price new. That means a lot of people are going to buy an inexpensive Conference phone. The problem is that the phone can be configured to work with RingCentral, but they go into a BOOT LOOP causing them to re-boot every 30 seconds or so. The problem is that the latest firmware, which is installed on the phone, is not compatible with RingCentral. Here is the fix.

1) Plug the phone in and get connected to your network.

2) find the ip address (Menu, Status Ip)

3) go to the phone in a browser. The default password is 456

4) go to Utilities/ Software Upgrade/Check for Upgrades.

5) click the down arrow and select 4.0.9.1191

6) click Install

7) say yes to warning that the phone will be downgraded, then accept , then OK

8) Phone will reboot after firmware install.

9) Provision as normal using the MAC address

hardware
8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you for this helpful information, @Jim Tupitza.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ken Lin avatar image Ken Lin commented ·

My IP6000 device is on 4.0.9.1191 and it still reboots in a loop. Could it be something else causing the Boot Loop? I've even reset the configuration on the device without success.

0 Likes 0 ·
John Malone avatar image John Malone Ken Lin commented ·

I have the same issue. All of our soudstation IP 6000s stopped working. endless reboot loop. We are already running the 1191 version.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

If you are still experiencing the same issue even after updating, please contact our Technical Support Support to check. You may create a case at https://support.ringcentral.com/s/new-case?language=en_US.

0 Likes 0 ·
John Malone avatar image John Malone mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Can't update anything. The phone reboot every 5 seconds. Config update fails, then the phone application loads, works for 5 seconds, then reboots.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ John Malone commented ·

I see, please ask assistance from Tech Support.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ken Lin avatar image Ken Lin mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

When I call RingCentral support, they tell me the phone is out of warranty and they can't help. Then they suggest I buy a new phone instead as their only solution they will provide. I guess I have no choice but to buy a new conference phone.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Ken Lin commented ·

Thanks for letting us know. RingCentral also sells that type of phone. Fell free to reach out if you need help purchasing.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app