Solved

Desktop & Mobile Apps vs Softphone

• 31 March 2021
  • 4 replies

I am brand new user and have tried to google up this answer, to no avail. We just started using RC at my company and I do not understand the difference between "Desktop & Mobile Apps" and "XYZ's Softphone" (see pic below).

These are the defaults that got created with our accounts, but to me they both refer to the same thing? Or does Desktop in this case refer to a physical handset sitting on top of desk and if that is the case, what is meant by "mobile apps"? I thought Softphone referred to the software applications that run RC on my laptop/PC and/or my mobile devices.

Please help clarify. Thanks in advance--

1617202796405.png

icon

Best answer by Mary-Community_Moderator 31 March 2021, 17:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Kim!

The second call forwarding number is for your DeskPhone. Possible that you named it as Kim Reist Softphone that’s why it shows there. To edit the Deskphone name, go to Phones & Numbers > Phones > Click Edit under Actions column > Then you will see the box field for Name. Don’t forget to click Save button on the very bottom after changing the name.

That is correct. "Desktop & Mobile Apps " are the software application installed on these device.

Not sure about the xyz softphone though.. Maybe someone else here can specify

Ok that helps! So it looks like it was misnamed as "softphone" when the accounts were set up?

Thank you! It looks like the hardware was misnamed as "soft".