question

ia8853 avatar image
ia8853 asked Phong Vu commented

Test "Add to Glip" button via external URL?

Is there any way to have "Add to Glip" button on external website in sandbox for testing without publishing the app. I do not want to publish my test/dev/staging app just for testing the button.

developer sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Hi IA,

I am not 100% sure what you meant by saying "Add to Glip" button on external website ... . Your app will never be published before you click the "Submit to publish" button on your developer portal dashboard and passed the app graduation process.

Also even if your app is published, if you don't changes the sandbox credentials with the production credentials, your app will still run under the sandbox environment.

+ Phong
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ia8853 avatar image
ia8853 answered Phong Vu commented
Let me try to rephrase:

I have a production website https://mywebsite.com. I know that I have to publish the app and get production credentials for this. But before this, I want to test my integration.

I have a dev/staging website https://dev.mywebsite.com I want to add the "Add to Glip" button there using sandbox credentials. Is it possible?

Thanks,
IA
3 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·
I don't see any reason why not possible. If webhook is involved then just use the right URL for your dev site.

+ Phong
0 Likes 0 ·
ia8853 avatar image ia8853 commented ·
Thanks Phong. Can you please point me to the documentation for adding "Add to Glip" button on external URLs. I was unable to find it in official API docs.
0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·
Hi  IA,

My apologies for the delayed response!

After talking to an expert on Glip bot, I learnt that the "Add to Glip" button is only available for graduated (in production) bot app. Basically, after your bot app get graduated, you will be able to use the provided HTML code to embed it into your website.

Sorry for the misleading info provided earlier.

+ Phong
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys