question

david335384040 avatar image
david335384040 asked tak-it1 commented

Extension with no External Calling

New to this...

How do I set up an extension on a handset in a common area/room so that the extension can only dial to other extensions. The extension does not need outside dialing.

Thanks,

ft.

extension
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

This feature is not available, David. But there's an almost similar phone feature that might meet your needs. Go to our Support site at https://support.ringcentral.com/ and search for article Hot Desking Overview | RingCentral. To set it up, you need to contact your Account Manager.

0 Likes 0 ·
david335384040 avatar image david335384040 commented ·

hmm... but Hot Desking allows different users to log into a common phone.

I need this handset to be permanently logged in, but active only for calls to other extensions.

It sounds like this is not possible?

Must I buy a digital line, set for Hot Desking, with a dedicated user account? I do not need any outside calling.

Thanks,

ft.

PS. Extra info... the handset is on a production line, so line operator can make calls to internal supervisors, raw-material pickers, etc.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ david335384040 commented ·

Right, this isn't possible, David. Yes, Hot Desking is setup to a user that has a Digital Line, which will include outside calling.

0 Likes 0 ·
tak-it1 avatar image
tak-it1 answered

You would simply need to create a custom Role (depending on your version) and only enable "internal calls" in the policies tab.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

david335384040 avatar image
david335384040 answered tak-it1 commented

thanks.

does this require a digital line?

1 comment
1 |3000

tak-it1 avatar image tak-it1 commented ·

Yes

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app