question

Gary Cheung avatar image
Gary Cheung asked robbenn-frenette138 answered

Allowing customers to pass information (order number) by pressing keypad

Hello,

I am looking for information about key press from our customers. For example, when they call, they need to press their order so we can reply their order's status: shipped, delay, etc.

I don't know if I could code it, or it is already in the admin page which I can just set it up. I look around and find no such information.

If you know about it, please let me know.

I am looking forward to hearing from you

Thanks

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Gary Cheung avatar image
Gary Cheung answered

Hi Anirban,

No, it is not IVR I think. IVR sets at max 250, and they are predefined numbers. In my case, I don't know their number, I ask them to input information and then search in our store database and reply corresponding answer

For example, if a customer order in our store, they have their own order number for tracking their order. Using that number, they press in keypad and our store will reply correctly its' status.

1 |3000

robbenn-frenette138 avatar image
robbenn-frenette138 answered

Thats not something that RC can do right now. (Although its something that RC currently does internally... When you call customer service, you enter your account phone number, and their IVR can detect what the account name is from that).

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys