question

Greenleaf Medical Clinic avatar image
Greenleaf Medical Clinic asked Phong Vu answered

Fax by Email results to 'Sent' - Fax by API results to 'Unknown' everytime using same PDF attachment

My app has been working for over a year and now every outgoing fax is returning a status of "Unknown" and then being automatically retried 5 minutes / 10 minutes later with a result of "Unknown". Using the the fax by email functionality to the same test number and using the same test attachment, it always works with a result of "Sent".

The app uses the PHP SDK (https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-php).

I can't find a decent log to help troubleshoot this issue. Anyone have any clues where to look? All responses from RC show the fax has a status of 'Queue'. Then progresses to 'Unknown' without any error messages. I have tried multiple fax numbers as well -- all with the same result.

rest apifax
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Can you open a support ticket? Please include your question and account id (or main company number) so the developer support team can have a deep investigation on your fax log.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys