question

Saeed Akhter avatar image
Saeed Akhter asked Saeed Akhter commented

Where to find Credentials for Production Platform API

Where can I find Credentials to access RingCentral production platform API https://platform.ringcentral.com.

I have RC Office premium subscription.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered Saeed Akhter commented

When you graduate the app, the system will generate a new client ID and new client Secret for the production environment.

You need to change the Client ID/Secret in your code, replace the ones for sandbox with the production ones.

You will login the same way as you did for the sandbox account. But with user's credentials for your production account.

ref: https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/1338/account-credentials-for-production-envrionment.html

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Saeed Akhter avatar image Saeed Akhter commented ·

Please bear with my ignorance but how exactly we "graduate" the app/account from Dev to Production? Please share any link or pointers.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
RM avatar image
RM answered

I'm having the same issue... I need to get the password for the production user. In the sandbox I can get it or reset it if I forgot it. But in prod N/A is displayed...

ringcentral.png

So how can I get a password for this user in prod or reset the password in prod for that user?

ringcentral.png (17.7 KiB)
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys