question

deann-pladson avatar image
deann-pladson asked mary-community-moderator commented

Breakout Rooms

Where are the breakout rooms in the new RingCentral App? I have them enabled in the administrator section of my account, but I cannot see the feature in the app during a video conference.

video
12 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @deann-pladson, That option is only available in RingCentral Meetings. Breakout Rooms is not yet available in RingCentral Video, but our Product Team will launch this in Q2. We'll keep you updated.

0 Likes 0 ·
deann-pladson avatar image deann-pladson mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

I don't understand how the "new" app could not have the features for breakout rooms. I thought that by May 1st we were to transition to the "new" app, meaning that the other apps would not work. This has to get remedied ASAP. DeAnn Pladson

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ deann-pladson commented ·

We understand your frustration, DeAnn. We'll make sure to deliver your feedback to our Product Team.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
Kyle Heney avatar image Kyle Heney commented ·

Is there any update on Breakout Rooms in RingCentral Video? We are transitioning to RCV in mid September and need this feature to be present.

0 Likes 0 ·
deann-pladson avatar image deann-pladson commented ·

I had to get a subscription to Zoom..... Is Ring Central Video a separate app? Where do I find the download for Ring Central Video? To confirm, this is different than "Ring Central Meetings" correct?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ deann-pladson commented ·

@deann-pladson , RingCentral Video doesn't have a separate app. It is built-in with RingCentral App. You can learn more here.

0 Likes 0 ·
deann-pladson avatar image deann-pladson mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

I do not have access to any breakout rooms, using the video conference feature on the new Ring Central app. I will follow this thread for updates.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered mary-community-moderator commented

Breakout Rooms is now available in RingCentral Video. You can learn more about this feature here.

9 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Kyle Heney avatar image Kyle Heney commented ·

Do you know if/when this might be present in the Telus Business Connect versions of the software? What version of RCV has Breakout Rooms available? We seem to be on 21.2.34 for RCV.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Kyle Heney commented ·

@Kyle Heney, I'll check with the Product Team for this. But you may uninstall/reinstall your app to be updated on the latest version.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kyle Heney avatar image Kyle Heney mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and our Telus Business Connect Video (using RCV) is still missing Breakout Rooms. It would be great if you can check with the product team.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app