Question

Mobile App Not Ringing

As the title expresses, several users in my organization aren't receiving calls specifically on the mobile app - with zero changes to the system. It was working flawlessly earlier today. The desktop app still functions properly and the desk phones still work for those who use them. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions? Currently on hold with chat support (I've been waiting 30 minutes already..), and can't call in because the phone system tells me that my PIN for my voicemail is incorrect - when I know for a fact that it is not.

10 replies

Same thing happening with me and least one other use. Call is being forwarded, it just doesn't ring through the app.

Same thing happening to us. Please let us know what support says. Based on what you are saying Jon, I wonder if I should have our users uninstall the app and then reinstall. Thoughts?

@Jon Criste Try communicating with Community.Support@RingCentral.com and check if they can help

Did anyone ever get anywhere with RC support? I have a user that is having the same issue. Wasn't sure if this was something that RC broke on their end.

I did uninstall/reinstall yesterday and it didn't work. But, it seems to be working correctly this afternoon.

Userlevel 2

For those who are encountering this issue, please reach out to our Tech Support Team to check the user's web portal and see where the problem is. You can open a case online or call our 24/7 Customer Support at 1-888-898-4591.

We've been going back and forth with RC support on this with no success. Per their request, we saved and sent in logs from the mobile app, and then RC said the logs were too big. Then they said it was a service outage that was later resolved. They're now (as of 4/20) claiming this is a known bug defect with no ETA for resolution. https://jira.ringcentral.com/browse/OPS-222680

Update: Confirmed with RC Support that this is a Service outage, starting on 4/15 affecting both IOS and android. They don't have an ETA but said likely end of week or into next week. At the same time, there is a known defect with IOS devices that exhibits very similar behaviour. That defect has been around for a year with no ETA.

Userlevel 2

We appreciate everyone for updating here about this issue. It will help other customers who are experiencing the same problem. We are also monitoring this JIRA and will update this post once it's resolved.

We've also been experiencing this issue for a couple of months now. We want deskphone and mobile app to ring simultaneously, but lately sometimes the deskphone will ring only and sometimes the mobile app will ring only.