question

Alex Mitchell avatar image
Alex Mitchell asked Phong Vu answered

What is the expected wait time to graduate an app?

I have a public app intended to be used for only a single customer's account, and we've been waiting 4 business days since requesting a review for the app to be graduated. What is the expected wait time for app graduation? Is it faster for private vs public apps? We have it set up as a public app so that we can own the development account and application outside of our client's RingCentral account.

graduation
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Clemens Thiel avatar image Clemens Thiel commented ·

I just wanted to post exactly the same questions, since we also already have a public app waiting for graduation since last week Friday (6 days) and production status is still "In Review".

Does anybody know how long the graduation process typically takes, since we already have 2 customers waiting to use the app in production?

Thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

I will notify the team about the delay. Private apps w/o the SMS permission will be self-graduation so you won't need to wait for the team to review and approve it.

Meanwhile, it is wrong to make a private app as public just because you want to own the app development account. You should provide the exact app settings and ask your customer to create an app with those settings on their sandbox, graduate it and give you the app client id, client secret to use in the code.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

It generally takes some time at least 4-5 days excluding holidays. You can check with the developer support team by submitting a help ticket or @Phong Vu here

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys