question

RM avatar image
RM asked Phong Vu edited

using RingCentral API with no UI with SSO only enable, is it possible?

I have test my "app" in the sandbox it has been promoted to production. To get the bearer token in the sandbox I used
https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/oauth/token

with grant_type=password

but in prod I can not use that cause my company is only allowing SSO

sso.png

So is it possible to use the RingCentral API's (oAuth, Call-Log, etc.) with only having SSO and using the API for backend processing? So no UI, no redirect UI or anyway other method for users to be prompted as this would be processes calling the API to gather data and to load into on site warehouse.

authentication
sso.png (4.1 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu edited

Unfortunately, the only option right now is to enable this setting

Allow Users To Log In with SSO or Ring Central Credential

UPDATED:

A new feature allows you to enable a single user to login with RingCentral credentials. Login your account with a super admin user, create or choose a user extension. Select the User Details and open the Setting & Permissions tab to see the SSO setting option.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys