question

Philip Zima avatar image
Philip Zima asked mary-community-moderator commented

Dark theme on Desktop Not Staying Active

Does anyone else have the same problem where the RingCentral desktop app will sign you out and not store any of your settings? Every couple of months, the app will force me to sign in and it does not maintain any of my settings and themes. The best work around I found was to uninstall the application and re-install it, which is rather annoying.... After doing this, the application then is able to store my settings, so I don't have to re-apply them every morning when I sign in.

Yes I have checked for any potential updates and so on, every time I have the most up to date version.

settings
15 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Philip, please reach out to our Tech Support as this behavior isn't normal.

2 Likes 2 ·
Jacquelyn Krouse avatar image Jacquelyn Krouse commented ·

I am finding that we are having the same issues as well when it comes to "theme settings" and "sound/microphone" settings too. Each time after logging out/logging in I have to set my settings again.

2 Likes 2 ·
Philip Zima avatar image Philip Zima Jacquelyn Krouse commented ·

Jacquelyn

Thanks for posting here on this. I think from what we have all gathered, the best thing to do is to send RC the logs from your application. Maybe if enough people are able to send the complete logs, they will be able to locate the bug and have a fix for it. After you do that, I imagine it would be okay to un-install and re-install the application, as that is the only temporary fix I have been able to do until a patch is released.

If you didn't want to do that, I completely understand. It is very annoying to have to do once a month....

1 Like 1 ·
Anirban avatar image Anirban commented ·

You can check with RingCentral support team once here. They can help investigating the issue and guide you

1 Like 1 ·
Chirag Shukla avatar image Chirag Shukla commented ·

@Philip Zima Yes, we see this as well. We notice that a dark theme gets reset. Other than that, settings are sticky. Do you see any other setting that don't stick beyond the dark theme? I would love to know and educate our staff to watch out for settings that don't stick.

Did you report the issue to RingCentral like @Anirban or @Mary-Community_Moderator suggested? If so, did you get any response?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Chirag Shukla commented ·

Hi Chirag, this is not a common issue. I suggest for you to report this to Technical Support for troubleshooting. Open a case here or contact Customer Support at 1-888-898-4591.

0 Likes 0 ·
Philip Zima avatar image Philip Zima Chirag Shukla commented ·

Chirag,

Thanks for your reply! I did report it to RC support. The unfortunate thing is that if you un-install the application and re-install it, the system log is then wiped. So I will have to wait until it happens again to give them the information needed to hopefully find the issue.

As far as the other settings, I just noticed that some audio and microphone settings would not stick as well. If you have someone who is experiencing this, I would suggest you send RC the logs of the application so they have a copy, as I have to wait until my application does it again.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Philip Zima commented ·

Thanks for coming back here, @Philip Zima.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
Raquel Shumway avatar image Raquel Shumway commented ·

I just talked to Ring Central Support (2021-05-12). They indicated that this is a glitch. Voting for them to fix it is necessary to push it to the top and help them decide if they are really going to fix it or not.

This is inconvenient! It really needs to be fixed. I generally just leave mine open, so I don't have to fix it each day. But that isn't really a good a idea.

0 Likes 0 ·
Chirag Shukla avatar image Chirag Shukla Raquel Shumway commented ·

Thanks for the information, @Raquel Shumway! Glad that they understand this is a glitch and I hope they resolve this. When settings don't stick, users get surprised and begin to have a negative opinion of RingCentral. RingCentral may have to improve their quality control as well so they catch these issues before their product is released.

0 Likes 0 ·
Philip Zima avatar image Philip Zima Chirag Shukla commented ·

Thanks for the update @Raquel Shumway. I can understand if there are higher priorities currently, however I would hope that by acknowledging there is a problem means they will fix it. Otherwise, that is going to have a very negative impact on customers as they are deliberately choosing to ignore issues that should be fixed...

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app