question

Paul S Kim avatar image
Paul S Kim asked Paul S Kim commented

High Volume SMS Test

I requested A2P SMS and SMS by App Permissions.

My Sandbox Environment is as follows.

-Clinet ID: 69s7v4WXTzCbP6bKHr2CKQ

-Username: +1424299xxxx

-Extension: 101

Production Environment

-Clinet ID: N/A

-Username: +1813888xxxx

-Extension: 101

What is my HV SMS number? How do I get it?

If HV SMS can't use the sandbox, how can I do that test? Or how can I test to meet the graduation requirements of A2P SMS?

high-volume sms
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Paul S Kim commented

Login your production account service web, select an existing number or purchase a number then fill out this form to request for High Volume provision for the number. Provide your app client id in the last field in the form so the support team can help to graduate your app to production w/o the need to test it on the sandbox.

5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Paul S Kim avatar image Paul S Kim commented ·

Thank you.

The document is asking for phone number and client ID.

Then can I use it like this?

Phone of production environment: +1813888xxxx

Client ID of sandbox environment: 69s7v4WXTzCbP6bKHr2CKQ

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Paul S Kim commented ·

Correct. It's not necessary to provide your production number in the forum unless you are asked to provide. I dashed the last 4-digit out.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul S Kim avatar image Paul S Kim commented ·

Thank you.

As you can see, in order to change the application's Production Status to active, it must meet the graduation requirements.

A2P SMS cannot use sandbox, can I use the following post API to get A2P SMS permission?

https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/accountId/a2p-sms/batch

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Paul S Kim commented ·

No, you can't call the sandbox server platform.devtest.. It must be the production server platform.ringcentral.

I can help you move the app to production too. Have you got your number provisioned?

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul S Kim avatar image Paul S Kim Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you for your help and support.

The production status of the app with A2P SMS permission is active.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys