question

IT Team avatar image
IT Team asked Phong Vu answered

Ringout API call dialing issue

I am facing issue while calling the Ringout API. Call is getting forwarded to the company main phone extension rather than the logged in user's direct extension

API implemented using https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/voice/quick-start#ruby

Request is as follows:

Step 1 : Get the auth token

rc = RingCentral.new("#{ client_id}", "#{ client_secret}", "#{ api_url}")

aut = rc.authorize(username: "#{direct_number}", password: "#{ password}")

After getting auth token, I am calling the ringout API

resp_call = rc.post('/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/ring-out', payload: {

to: { phoneNumber: recipient},

playPrompt: true

})

Response that I am getting is { "status"=>{"callStatus"=>"InProgress", "callerStatus"=>"InProgress", "calleeStatus"=>"InProgress"}}

But no call is getting initiated.

When I am using the RingCentral number in the API call in the from parameter, call is getting initiated

Its working in only case of RingCentral number if put other number in from : { phoneNumber: direct_number} , then its not working the response is in-progress

Please can someone suggest the required changes to be made to resolve dialing issue from direct number.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Just to make sure that this issue is not related to your sandbox call credits, can you make a direct call using the RC Desktop phone app?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys