question

teresa-fontanilla11990 avatar image
teresa-fontanilla11990 asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

Easy Account Switch Solution?

I'm a dual account holder with two different companies. I have the main RC account (direct #) that I use for all activities and then I have an ext-only account (call 800# and dial ext) for my client. Most of my client's callers use my direct # but we use the RC desktop (formerly Glip) to communicate during the day or make quick calls with each other.

With the recent retirement of the RC desktop and softphone, I'm in need of a workaround. I tried setting up an ext /speed dial from my direct # but it's not working. Does anyone have a workaround?

phone
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Teresa, just seeing your post now. So sorry this one slipped through the cracks. Were you able to sort a solution?

0 Likes 0 ·
teresa-fontanilla11718 avatar image teresa-fontanilla11718 Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

No solution as of yet and it's only getting worse with the two step verification process. The easy solutions would be to restore the RC Mobile app or take of the switch notification that appear so you can still use the app. This would be a good work around until you have a switch account feature.

We are heading down the road of looking for a different solution.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ teresa-fontanilla11718 commented ·

Let me try to find the case for your issue and take a deeper look.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app