question

robin12 avatar image
robin12 asked Kyle Heney commented

Time Zone default on meetings invitation

When I schedule a video meeting on the new Desktop App, it defaults to UTC-05:00 America/Bogata.

Is there a way for it to template to UTC-5:00 US/Eastern? It is ridiculous that I have to change the time zone every time I set up a meeting.

ringcentral app
12 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

robin12 avatar image robin12 commented ·

Looks to be RingCental Video Meetings. This is when I try to schedule from the new Desktop App.

1621432641684.png

1 Like 1 ·
1621432641684.png (112.1 KiB)
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ robin12 commented ·

Thanks for clarifying. It shows on your screenshot that it is for RingCentral Meetings. Let me confirm this with the Product Team, and I'll get back to you on this.

0 Likes 0 ·
shannon-maggs2239 avatar image shannon-maggs2239 mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Actually, I believe that is Ring Central Video, not Ring Central Meetings.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ami Jacobson avatar image Ami Jacobson commented ·

@Mary-Community_Moderator I submitted a ticket for this issue. I submitted my ticket on July 9 - 13153542 , and have received no response.

1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

@robin12, is this for RingCentral Video or RingCentral Meetings?

0 Likes 0 ·
shannon-maggs2239 avatar image shannon-maggs2239 commented ·

I'm following this - we are having this same issue and my CEO is beyond frustrated.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ shannon-maggs2239 commented ·

Hi @shannon-maggs, this should pull from your computer's settings. If it's not, we'd suggest opening a case in the event that there is a bug. This helps our engineers and product teams do some troubleshooting to identify if there is indeed an issue. Feel free to shoot us an email with your case number, and we'll keep our eye on it for you.

0 Likes 0 ·
shannon-maggs2239 avatar image shannon-maggs2239 mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

No, it's not pulling from the computer settings because they are set correctly. I see someone else submitted a case just this month too. I'll open one as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Ami Jacobson avatar image Ami Jacobson commented ·

@shannon-maggs Ring Central is saying it is a new feature, and we need to wait until sometime later this year for it to be ready.

I have a similar challenge, and needing to constantly remember to change the time zone is frustrating.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app