question

Jesse Merriman avatar image
Jesse Merriman asked Phong Vu answered

Does the call sessionid change if an unanswered call is forwarded to another extension?

If we have configured our phone system to forward the call to other extensions if an incoming call is not answered, does the call sessionid change or does it remain the same?

I am currently storing a generated key value, call sessionid and phone number in my database in order to provide a lookup table for existing calls. If a record exists for the sessionid and phone number the existing key is returned, but if a record does not exist we generate a new key.

Recreating this scenario is hard, and my thought is that i am adding a record for the sessionid and when it is forwarded to another extension, it finds the existing key and tries to insert it again.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

I think it is unchanged but you can double check it easily by printing it out before and after an unanswered call forwarded.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys