question

Barney Stone avatar image
Barney Stone asked Barney Stone answered

How to use VBA to send and receive SMS messages

Has anyone been able to use VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) to send and receive SMS? I've tried the code posted in a response in this forum, but can't get past getting an access token. No matter what I try, I get the error "Client authentication is required", error code OAU-123. I would be glad to pay for some consulting time with anyone who can help me.

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Search for "VBA" from the forum, or check out this previously asked question

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Barney Stone avatar image
Barney Stone answered

I'm afraid that was not at all useful. I have already searched for VBA in the forum. I only found one potentially useful response, which included a VBA code example, but as I said before, I cannot get it to work. And the link you provided assumed that you already had a way to retrieve your access token, which is what I am stuck on. Still looking for help!

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys