question

prospect-health avatar image
prospect-health asked Phong Vu commented

.NET SDK Failing To Authorize

As of 6th May 2021, our RingCentral CRM integration stopped working. The integration is providing click to dial and screen popping capabilities within the Access RDB CRM software. This is a custom plugin that has been developed for us .

After speaking with our developer, they have advised that the issue has occurred due to changes made by RingCentral surrounding the authorization within the .NET SDK. The plugin is using the 2.0.2 version of the .NET SDK. The plugin is now unable to authorize with RingCentral so it no longer works.

Is anybody aware of any changes relating to this that may have been made around 6th May that could cause this type of plugin to suddenly stop being able to authorize? The plugin has been working fine for the previous 12 months. The assumption is that, as there have been no changes to the plugin or any of the authorization credentials on our end, the changes must have occurred from RingCentral.

Please can somebody advise on what the underlying issue is likely to be here and what the best route is to fix it? Not having this feature means that making simple phone calls is now a time consuming task for our users. Please let me know, if any specific, additional details would be useful.

1621352066238.png

1621352143494.png

sdk
1621352066238.png (175.8 KiB)
1621352143494.png (160.3 KiB)
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

prospect-health avatar image prospect-health commented ·

For anybody working at RingCentral can I ask why, when I logged this issue through RingCentral support, I got no response after a week even after following up several times, whereas I got the correct solution within 30 minutes after posting the issue on the forums? Surely, having someone from support asking me to check the TLS version would have been trivially easy to do?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered prospect-health commented

I believe that the problem is related to the change in supporting TLS 1.2. We have sent notification to developers and posted here in this forum. Please ask your developer to read this announcement and take action accordingly.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

prospect-health avatar image prospect-health commented ·

Thanks very much for responding with this so quickly, Phong Vu. That was what was causing the issues for us. We have now been able to update the plugin and we are no longer experiencing these issues.

0 Likes 0 ·
Chad Corey avatar image
Chad Corey answered Phong Vu commented

What did you end up doing to resolve this? I also can't authenticate using the SDK and your announcement doesn't really explain anything on what to do for people using .NET and the NuGet package for the SDK. I've updated my SDK package. It worked for a bit and then stopped again.

what is what I keep getting

Content: {

"error" : "unauthorized_client",

"errors" : [ {

"errorCode" : "OAU-251",

"message" : "Unauthorized for this grant type"

} ],

"error_description" : "Unauthorized for this grant type"

}

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

This error message "Unauthorized for this grant type" is different and it is about the app grant type. What is the platform type of your app. The code used in the original question is for login an app with password flow auth. Check your app platform type if it is "Server only-No UI" app.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys