question

Robert Archard avatar image
Robert Archard asked Chris Yankajtis answered

Unattended installation,Unattended remote installation

After we deploy the RingCentral App using the MSI unattended (silent) install with the Windows SYSTEM account, the app is launched. There is no reason for this to happen. It's a non-user. It just wastes computer resources.

We deploy the RnugCentral App via an unattended (silent) install with the SYSTEM account on Windows. Yet, the RingCentral app is launched during after the install. There is no need for this and it just uses computer resources. I have verified it happens multiple times on various deployments using the MSI.

ringcentral app
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image Anirban commented ·

What is your exact query? Do you want to suggest anything or any feature?

0 Likes 0 ·
Robert Archard avatar image Robert Archard commented ·

Sorry if it wasn't clear. Feature request, stop starting the RC app after a unattended, silent install.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Robert Archard commented ·

@Robert Archard, please submit feature requests at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Chris Yankajtis avatar image
Chris Yankajtis answered

This worked for me

msiexec.exe /i "RingCentral-x64.msi" ALLUSERS=1 /qn /norestart /log output.log /passive

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app