question

Matt Kaplan avatar image
Matt Kaplan asked Phong Vu answered

How to handle two Bearer tokens (Store Manager & Super Admin)

So, I have a react application with a Node.js backend. Currently, my application allows franchise store owners (that have a role of Store Manager) the ability to login and has options for them to change their Call Queue Audio While Connecting and Hold Music. Obviously, as a role of Store Manager they are unable to do that which is why on my Node.js API I want to sign in as a super user account to process that call.

I've already attempted todo the following to process this call on the backend but my application doesn't allow the Password flow. So, I guess I'm wondering if something like this is possible in the first place or do I have to give the franchise store owners the ability to do this defined within their roles?

platform.login({ 
   username: process.env.username, 
   extension: process.env.extension, 
   password: process.env.password 
})
authenticationauth
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

What API do you call to handle changing call queue greeting audio. I believe that you can customize the "Store Manager" role with the required user permission to allow the user changing the settings.

Let me know the exact API so I can check and let you know.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys