article

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator posted Becky-Community_Manager commented

Setup TCR registration and assign numbers to your SMS campaigns through the Admin Portal

The TCR Self-Registration is now accessible in the Admin Portal. Please follow the instructions through the link below!

https://support.ringcentral.com/article-v2/Setting-up-TCR-registration-assigning-numbers-to-SMS-campaigns.html?brand=RingCentral&product=MVP&language=en_US

sms and text messagingcommunity announcement
12 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jeremy-dugas avatar image jeremy-dugas commented ·

Is TCR registration required for all RC numbers or just numbers that will particpate in bulk SMS activities? If a number is used for non-bulk SMS, is TCR registration required? I ask because the link specifically says if no TCR registration, SMS will be disabled as of 3/31/2023. Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ jeremy-dugas commented ·

Jeremy, All numbers leveraging SMS must be registered no matter the activity.
I would encourage you to register if your company uses SMS for any purposes.
You can do that through Admin Portal now.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ jeremy-dugas commented ·

Jeremy, I wanted to follow up - right now, we don't show that we have received a TCR registration for your company.
I would be happy to have a Program Manager helping with the TCR process reach out to walk you through the Self-Service Registration process.
Also, there is a new video, found HERE, that can help you with the process as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
Susan Pieroni avatar image Susan Pieroni commented ·

We do not use high volume SMS but do provide our staffs' numbers to customers if they prefer to reach out to us via SMS. Any high volume SMS is done through third party services. There are several hundred numbers assigned to staff that could potentially communicate with customers via SMS. When setting up campaigns do I need to add all of our staff assigned numbers?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthew Rafacz avatar image Matthew Rafacz commented ·

I filed out the required paperwork 6 weeks ago and have a ticket that has sat without any update or RingCentral action.

The new directions to create a brand don't work for me: I don't have an "Enhanced Business SMS" drop down window under "phone system" on my admin page.

The first step of the checklist is "After registering with the IRS, you’ll receive a letter ...". How can this be the first step? How do I get this letter? Do I get this letter from the form I filled out 6 weeks ago which created the open ticket?

0 Likes 0 ·
Steve Lansing avatar image Steve Lansing Matthew Rafacz commented ·

Exactly the same here. Filled out a form somewhere, but have no Enhanced Business SMS option, no letter received, no responses from RingCentral support. Waiting for my SMS service to just stop working one day, which will be very disruptive for us.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Matthew Rafacz commented ·

Matthew, I have escalated your concern to the TCR Program Managers for review. We'll have an update soon. In the meantime, if you have further questions, please reach out to us at Community.Support@RingCentral.com

0 Likes 0 ·
N A L N Main avatar image N A L N Main Matthew Rafacz commented ·

We are also having the same issue; we are still unable to view the enhanced business SMS or any option at all for the TCR self-registration. We cannot have our SMS be at halt since it is a major part on how we run our business.

Thank you,

0 Likes 0 ·
IT Xpress avatar image IT Xpress commented ·

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this T-Mobile non use fee/fine. How can we in good faith go to a smaller business customer that may use their RingCentral text here and there and say 'hey - if you don't text a T-Mobile number for 2 months, they're going to fine you $250.' I mean - we personally text a ton of people via RingCentral, so I'm not worried about that. But other businesses do it sporadically as clients desire. How in the world can you expect someone to know the carrier of all their clients.

Plus the info about it isn't consistent. Bandwidth says you just need to have at least one number assigned to the campaign to avoid the fine. But others say you have to send at least one text every 60 days to a T-Mobile number. Which is ridiculous. How can anyone be expected to know if they've qualified in a given two month window to avoid that fine. And how is it assessed? Does RingCentral just bill it? The heck with that. Honestly, right now I don't know that I can in good faith continue to encourage my RingCentral clients to use SMS anymore. Not with this mess. I also don't understand how outfits like ClickSend and so on aren't going through the same ridiculous hoops (that's who we use for automated alert texting). Is RingCentral planning to implement some type of warning to say 'hey you didn't text T-Mobile this month - you might want to'

0 Likes 0 ·
SoCal Tropical Pool Service avatar image SoCal Tropical Pool Service IT Xpress commented ·

where do you see this information, I can not find it. This whole thing is turning into a nightmare!

0 Likes 0 ·
mitch-turner avatar image mitch-turner commented ·

I have more than 49 numbers (I need over 90) to put in our general conversation campaign (which is the only one we have, we do not do marketing by text or any automation). My campaign hasn't come back registered yet, just submitted it. The "Assign numbers" help page says contact Support if we need more than 49 numbers assigned. Do we just put in a Support ticket for that? Do I have to wait until the campaign is registered to contact Support?

All the info on setting this up keeps repeating "most companies only need one campaign."

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ mitch-turner commented ·

Apologies for the delay, Mitch - Support is able to help you with this.
Please let me know if you require additional assistance.
You can message here or shoot an email to the Community Team - Community.Support@RingCentral.com

0 Likes 0 ·

Article

Contributors

Mary-Community_Moderator contributed to this article