article

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator posted Steve Lansing commented

How to self-register for TCR in the RingCentral Admin Portal (video)

Please watch the video tutorial on how to self-register for TCR in the RingCentral Admin Portal.

Video link: https://vimeo.com/800943217/8d31b26599

sms and text messagingcommunity announcement
9 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Susan Pieroni avatar image Susan Pieroni commented ·

Weren't we supposed to have received notification when the self-registration was added to the Admin portal? I just happened upon this video and in following the instruction saw that it was live on our portal.

All documentation that I read stated to wait to register on the Admin portal once it became active. I also heard this from my rep. After all the issues that users have had that paper registered some time ago what type of assurance do I have since I am now just registering on the portal.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Susan Pieroni commented ·

Susan, My understanding is that an email did go out, but I'm glad we've shared an update here for your convenience.
I assure you the portal is the best method for submitting your TCR registration.
If you run into any troubles, please reach out to us here or via email and we'll escalate as needed.
Community.Support@RingCentral.com

0 Likes 0 ·
Susan Pieroni avatar image Susan Pieroni Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

When did the email go out? I've looked through our spam filtering service along with my historical email and am not seeing anything.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Stowe avatar image Mike Stowe ♦♦ Susan Pieroni commented ·

Susan, my apologies for the confusion. Self-service had a soft roll out of February 17th, and over the last several of days we have been working on improving usability/ directions to help prevent rejected brands or campaigns as TCR and Syniverse charge for these regardless of approval (including the newly referenced video released Thursday morning).

An email was planned to go out yesterday, however there was a glitch with TCR that prevented some users from being able to register. For that reason the email was held up while we worked with TCR to resolve the issue.

Our plan is to continue monitoring to make sure there are no further issues, and then to send emails in batches next week to let customers know about the new functionality. This is being done to make sure we can best support customers who are going through the self-serve process and answer any questions that they have.

As for self-serve vs manual, over the last several months there have been numerous changes to the TCR registration process - from new information, to new required vetting being built into the process. Each time this has happened, it has essentially caused a "restart" of the process (which I want to acknowledge has been incredibly frustrating). Along with technical issues, numerous requests, and a continuous stop and go process, that has created a significant backlog that has created further delays on top of the delays caused by the required manual vetting.

Our team has been working diligently behind the scenes with all parties involved to limit any further disruptions with these changes, build out automated systems to provide clear updates to both RingCentral and our customers (self-serve will tell you the status of your application), and to reduce the time it takes for applications to be reviewed, vetted, and approved.

This has not been a good experience, I 100% want to own that, and recognize this is NOT the type of experience we want our customers to have. There will still be changes, and potential bumps in the road (as everything continues to evolve), but the self-serve solution should help significantly speed up the process, and best reflects the latest requirements from TCR, Syniverse, and the mobile carriers.

0 Likes 0 ·
Reception Main avatar image Reception Main commented ·

Hey Mike,

First, I want to say thank you for all that you do here at RingCentral Support. I can't imagine how grueling this process must be to inform all businesses of a change with TCR registration, that is highly disorganized to start with.

My question is short, simple and probably one you've heard before. If our business decides to opt out of this registration as it is a component that we rarely use, what do you suggest is the most best way to bypass any overcharges? Is there a letter of omission that we have to submit to the TCR before March 31st?

Thank you again for all your service and Happy Friday! Hope you're looking forward to the weekend!

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Reception Main commented ·

Hey, Reception Main -

To opt out, contact RingCentral Support and ask for SMS capabilities to be disabled on your account.

Hope this helps, but if you have further questions, please feel free to ask them here or shoot us an email at Community.Support@RingCentral.com

0 Likes 0 ·
Robert Crooks avatar image Robert Crooks commented ·

What do we do if Enhanced Business SMS isn't an option in the admin portal?

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Robert Crooks commented ·

Robert, I am looking into this on your behalf. Hang tough as I investigate a bit further.

0 Likes 0 ·
Steve Lansing avatar image Steve Lansing Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Same here. No such option in my admin panel.

0 Likes 0 ·

Article

Contributors

Mary-Community_Moderator contributed to this article
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app