article

Byrne Reese avatar image
Byrne Reese posted

I can't set my business hours properly, getting CMN-101 error

If you are getting a CMN-101 error when trying to update a business' office hours via the API, for example:

"errors": [{ 
     "errorCode": "CMN-101",
     "message": "Parameter [schedule.weeklyRanges.monday.to] value is invalid.", 
     "parameterName": "schedule.weeklyRanges.monday.to" 
 }]

Then the most likely reason is because the times being input via the API are not correct. The common way this error is triggered is when a developer is trying to specify that their business is open for an entire 24-hour period, i.e. my business is open all day long on Fridays. Intuitively a developer might specify the following in this circumstance:

• From time: 00:00

• To time: 24:00

However, as silly as it may seem at first, technically the time "24:00" doesn't actually exist. Right? Think about this progression of time...

• March 23, 2023, 23:58

• March 23, 2023, 23:59 - one minute later

• March 24, 2023, 00:00 - one minute later and the next day

So the fix is therefore quite simple. Set the from and to times as follows:

• From time: 00:00

• To time: 23:59

And don't worry, our UI will report this as open all day long just as you most likely would prefer.

call handlingerrors
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys

Article

Contributors

ByrneReese contributed to this article