We introduced our full-featured REST APIs 3 years ago and it is time to deprecate our old RCP APIs now. The REST APIs have much more capability, coverage and security. The "ringout.asp" and "faxout.asp" API endpoints will be discontinued and cease to function with our 10.2 release, currently targeted for August 1, 2018. Please read below on what you will get with our REST APIs and how to upgrade your apps.
Which APIs are being depreciated?
- RPC API - https://service.ringcentral.com/ringout.asp
- Docs - https://service.ringcentral.com/ringoutapi/
- RPC API - https://service.ringcentral.com/faxapi.asp
- Docs - https://service.ringcentral.com/faxoutapi/
What will you get with our new REST API?
Both RingOut and FaxOut have been enhanced. With RingOut, you can get presence notifications so your app is immediately aware of call status including ringing and connection. You can also move beyond RingOut to initiate and receive calls directly within your browser via WebRTC. With FaxOut, you can get final fax disposition status including successful sends failure reasons, e.g. number is busy. There are many more features and over 100 API endpoints including managing your account, retrieving call log and message store data, and building endpoints using our Embeddable Voice web widget and React component library. You can read more about these on our Developer Portal and our API Reference:
- Developer Portal: https://developer.ringcentral.com/
- REST API Reference: https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/
How can I upgrade my app?
Follow our Developer Guide intstructions here:
If you have any questions on upgrading your app, please join us on our real-time chat support group using Glip here:
- Dev Chat: https://glipped.herokuapp.com/