The following article ensures transparency, and to act as an overall development lifecycle guide for RingCentral Developers who are building new apps and integrations to operate with our APIs or vicariously with our SDKs.
- Development of the app/integration begins in your Sandbox environment. These are empty new RingCentral accounts which will not have access to your RingCentral production account, and which act as a safety net during development to reduce risk of damaging production account data.
- During development, statistics on API transactions are recorded by RingCentral
- Once the developer is confident their app/integration is complete and successfully meets the RingCentral Production Access Request Criteria, the developer may "Apply for Production" for the respective app/integration
- If indeed the app/integration meets the RingCentral Production Access Request Criteria then RingCentral examines the collected records for the associated app/integration during weekly production access review cycle.
- If necessary, we ask the Developer to run some more tests, or address some concerning aspects RingCentral has of their app/integration
- Upon meeting all criteria, and a successful review by RingCentral, the app/integration will be "graduated" to production
- RingCentral delivers the production access information via email to the developer's registered email address
- Developer modifies their app/integration to use the updated Production API Keys, and to point to RingCentral Production API Base URI (https://platform.ringcentral.com) instead of the Sandbox API Base URI (https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com)
- Developer reviews the updates and can now see their app/integration operating with their production RingCentral account.