article

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager posted Becky-Community_Manager commented

We're in this together: Resources and Support for WFH & COVID-19

During this unprecedented time, we know pragmatic information and intentional support are what is most helpful to our customers that live and work around the world.

To keep you updated, we're sharing articles, tips, tricks, and anything else we think will empower you to continue your work, support your teams, and keep things moving.

We'll continue to add to this thread, but we encourage you to share what's working best for you.

We are a Community and this is how we help each other through these tough times.

A message from our President and COO - Anand Eswaran

Work From Home Knowledge Base Articles

Setup | Message | Video | Phone | Troubleshooting

Remote Working Blog Posts

Empowering your Team: Remote Workforce

Need Support?

What you need may be here in Community. Use our powerful search to identify if there is already a thread for your issue.

Community members are an invaluable resource.

The Knowledge Base is a wealth of information on everything from step-by-step instructions to videos.

Search from anywhere on our Support site.

If you're not finding what you need, please reach out via chat or create a case.

We have agents available to assist you.

Click below to create a case!

community announcement
7 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image mike commented ·
Great info Becky! 

Hey RC Community,  I know there are a lot of users out there working from home for the very first time so I wanted to share a few of my favorite WFH tips.  I hope these tips improve your experience.

1. Download our newest RingCentral app.   This makes messaging and meeting with others a cinch.

2. Use a 2nd or even a 3rd monitor if you have the ability.   Keep the RC App open on your extra screen at all times.  This screen becomes your virtual office, and you'll be amazed at how productive you and your teams can be. 

3. Download the mobile app.  Instead of forwarding calls to your mobile number or home phone, just download our mobile app to your device.  Log in and use it just like the desktop app.  This allows you to stay productive even if you have to step out for lunch, walk the dog, or grab that next cup of coffee!

We'd love to hear more ideas from everyone.  What is your favorite "Work From Home Tip"? 

1 Like 1 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·
I had to take a walk today! Just need a breath of fresh air and some sun on my face.
I kept my phone handy for updates from my team on the RC App.

Thanks for sharing Mike!
1 Like 1 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Favorite WFH tip: get that carefully curated get down to business Spotify playlist streaming through your whole house!  
1 Like 1 ·
drew-barie-cajandab avatar image drew-barie-cajandab ♦♦ commented ·
My favorite WFH tip (and even when I'm working in the office) is setting a timer to keep myself on track. I recommend  http://e.ggtimer.com/. This is especially helpful for me when I'm stuck on something. I set a timer (could be 10 mins, 20) and see what I could accomplish within that time. Sometimes I surprise myself with what I could do in a short of period of time, lol. Also, when I'm working on a long task, the timer keeps me aware whether or not I'm taking too long and should be taking a break to refresh my mind.

And for my music, I love this coffee shop-inspired playlist:  https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX3SiCzCxMDOH?si=Nre2VijSTfaKci0IE4qZiw

Oh, and use the Tasks and Notes function in RingCentral app. It is useful. I send tasks and notes to myself there and it works for me.
1 Like 1 ·
rachel-kapicak avatar image rachel-kapicak ♦♦ commented ·
Working from home can be a challenge, and it can also be a great opportunity to refresh and implement some good habits. Here are a couple things that I like to do:
  • Many days, instead of sleeping in through (what would have been) my commute time, I like to wake up around the same time as when I go into the office! Sounds crazy, but it is so nice to use that time strategically to either get additional work done, check off some to-do list items, catch up on email, meditate, read a book, get ready etc. This adds a lot of value and balance to my day.
  • Use my video during my RingCentral meetings! The next best thing to being in person with my colleagues is to talk face-to-face (virtually) while working together. This makes for much more clear, effective conversations. There really is something to seeing someone's face.
  • Speaking of video meetings, it's really helpful, for me, to get dressed in more "put-together" clothing than sweatpants. This is certainly a personal choice, as some people might be more productive in sweats! But for me, when I dress put-together, I feel put-together and I am able to be more strategic and productive throughout my day.
  • Meditation! Meditation is such an amazing way to re-set my mind throughout the day whether at work or WFH. Even as little as one minute meditations (I like to do five minutes) throughout the day are incredibly helpful. You don't have to be a yogi or master meditator, just simply closing your eyes can even work!
  • Jumping jack breaks! Any type of physical activity is an amazing way to re-set my mind - sit-ups, push-ups, jumping jacks, or stretching in little breaks of 5-10 minutes is very helpful for me. And you're at home, so you won't look silly :).
1 Like 1 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ rachel-kapicak ♦♦ commented ·
I'm doing kitchen dance parties while my coffee brews or my tea steeps! Gotta move your body throughout the day!
Great list, Rachel!
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Article

Contributors

Mary-Community_Moderator contributed to this article BeckyH contributed to this article
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app