News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » News & Announcements
Outage: Failed inbound calls and faxes to Canada over multiple carriers
Tags: community announcement
Oct 30, 2020 at 6:42am   •   8 replies  •  0 likes
Becky-Community_Manager

Incident Summary:

A portion of RingCentral customers may be experiencing failed inbound calls and faxes to Canada over multiple carriers.

Start Time:

Oct 29, 10:33 PDT

Update:

RingCentral continues to monitor the fiber cut and remains in contact with the underlying carrier. The current estimated time to resolution for this issue is this afternoon. Further updates will be provided in the afternoon, or when there is a significant change in status.

Additional Resources for Information:

Please note that the incident above may or may not be affecting your account. You can find more information at the RingCentral Service Status Site. You can view the service status specific to the network segment where your account resides. You will need to log in with your password so we can identify your account.

on Nov 12, 2020 at 1:54pm   •  0 likes

Hello Becky. i require the contact information for my account manager post haste. Get in touch with me today!

on Nov 12, 2020 at 2:06pm   •  -1 likes

@ben12 Your account manager has been out of the office. I have escalated to his manager.

on Oct 30, 2020 at 10:22pm   •  0 likes

Why did you take 26+ hours to resolve this? Who is the "underlying carrier"? What details are you NOT providing here? There is no way that a business telephone provider, worth billions, can not have redundancy in their network! i require immediate explanation and compensation for the TRESPASS incurred as a result of your ineptitude.

on Nov 2, 2020 at 10:35am   •  -1 likes

Ben, I have asked your account manager to reach out to you.
He will be better equipped to assist you with your request.

on Nov 10, 2020 at 5:58pm   •  0 likes

Hello? What is the update on this? i require the contact information for my account manager post haste.

on Nov 5, 2020 at 12:26pm   •  0 likes

You are clearly still experiencing issues. Someone called, yesterday but the call was all distorted and they promised to email, and 24 hours later, nothing. Your service is absolutely despicable!

on Nov 3, 2020 at 10:14am   •  0 likes

Yes, you mentioned this 4 days ago. Yet, I haven't heard anything. Are you experiencing a telephone and internet outage?

on Nov 5, 2020 at 12:26pm   •  0 likes

You are clearly still experiencing issues. Someone called, yesterday but the call was all distorted and they promised to email, and 24 hours later, nothing. Your service is absolutely despicable!

on Oct 30, 2020 at 9:53am   •  3 likes

Same question from me, where is the redundancy? Our company has surely lost out on thousands, if not tens of thousands of dollars in revenue being without phones for 24 hrs and counting. How does a company of your size have it's network crippled from 1 cut fibre line without any contingency plan???

on Oct 30, 2020 at 8:50am   •  2 likes

We are over 4000KM away from the fiber cut. i require an immediate explanation for why this essential business service has no redundancy in place?

on Oct 30, 2020 at 9:21am   •  -3 likes

Hey, @ben12 We'll reach out to your account manager to discuss this issue with you further.

on Oct 30, 2020 at 11:53am   •  -3 likes

Services in Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver should be restored now.
There is continuing work to restore remaining cities.

on Oct 30, 2020 at 3:08pm   •  1 likes

Calgary customer here. Some customers can call us now, but many still can't.

on Nov 2, 2020 at 10:34am   •  0 likes

Stephen, can you confirm that everything is back up and running?

on Oct 30, 2020 at 10:14am   •  2 likes

So how does one forward there Ringcentral number to another number so they can still run their business? I have done it in your portal but as the call never gets to you then it never get forwarded.

on Oct 30, 2020 at 9:36am   •  2 likes

Why was there no redundancy? no fail over?

on Oct 30, 2020 at 9:53am   •  0 likes

Same question from me, where is the redundancy? Our company has surely lost out on thousands, if not tens of thousands of dollars in revenue being without phones for 24 hrs and counting. How does a company of your size have it's network crippled from 1 cut fibre line without any contingency plan???

on Oct 30, 2020 at 8:15am   •  0 likes

What is the temporary workaround mentioned on by Twitter support for this devastating issue?

on Oct 30, 2020 at 8:37am   •  -1 likes

@ben12 As we learned more about the issue it was determined that the workaround would not help for a fiber cut.
We understand this is very inconvenient, but when we have new information we will absolutely update this thread. Thanks for your patience.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us