question

Atom Ocampo avatar image
Atom Ocampo asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

Participants kicked out from breakout rooms

I facilitate meetings in RingCentral daily and use breakout rooms as part of the session. I have new participants in almost every session. Everything works fine most of the time, but...

This week, two of my participants had some difficulty with RingCentral’s breakout rooms this week. Typically, when I close the breakout rooms, the participants get 60 seconds to return to the main room before they are “kicked out”. However, these two people (and only these two) do not get the option and warning time. As soon as I hit Close All Rooms, they are immediately sent back to the main room. Everyone else is allowed to stay in the breakouts for the 60 seconds remaining.

We tried to check their settings and mine to see if we could determine the issue, but can’t seem to find anything that would make it one way for them (no warning) and the other way for the rest of the participants (60 seconds warning time).

Have you heard of this issue?

meetings
13 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Atom, are they joining through the browser or they have the app?

0 Likes 0 ·
Atom Ocampo avatar image Atom Ocampo mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

I confirmed that one of the users is certainly using the desktop app. He also gave me the version information:

Version: 21.2.30.542 Web, 21.2.30.1255 Windows

Date: 2021-06-14 22:29:03

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Atom Ocampo commented ·

Thanks for providing details. I'll check on this issue and get back to you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Atom Ocampo avatar image Atom Ocampo commented ·

Just wanted to follow up on this, just wanted to check if it's a known issue or it's just a glitch?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Atom Ocampo commented ·

Hi Atom, I've reached out to our Product Team and confirmed that this is not a known issue. But it will need to be checked what's causing this. I created a case and escalated it to our Technical Support Team. They will contact you and may ask for the information of the other user who has the issue. Your case number is 13048041.

0 Likes 0 ·
Julia avatar image Julia mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

I am currently having this issue with my account. I am not the meeting host, but as a participant I am pulled back to the main meeting immediately when the host schedules to end the breakout rooms. There are a few other participants (maybe about 5 out of 20?) that have this issue while in our meetings, but it does not happen to everyone and it's always the same people. Does this issue have a solution yet?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Triet Tran avatar image Triet Tran commented ·

Hi @Mary-Community_Moderator , here is the screenshot, as you can see whatever options that I choose, it just returns to "please select product" text

1.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1.png (186.1 KiB)
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Triet Tran commented ·

Thanks for the screenshot. Would you please try to clear cache and cookies then try again?

0 Likes 0 ·
Kyle Hayes avatar image Kyle Hayes commented ·

Hi All, I have a user with this issue. Was RC support able to provide a resolution? Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Kyle Hayes commented ·

Hey, @Kyle Hayes Sounds like this was a known issue for the above users and is still an issue our engineers are looking into.
Is your user using the most up-to-date version? Or are they using the browser version?

Either way, I would recommend submitting a ticket for this issue so that your account is tied to the issue and you'll be notified when a solution comes through or any other updates are available.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app